Thursday, November 13, 2014

Almost Friday

This wren is hopping around and peering in all the windows...perhaps it wants to come inside.  Cold out.  Breezy, too.  The sun is welcome, at least for me, my mood is better without the gloom.  Still feeling relatively uninspired.  My creative endeavor being making broth on Tuesday and making soup this morning.  Lately, I feel a bit of pride if I cook anything at all.  Lord knows I spend enough time thinking about it.  We're meeting on Saturday to work on ideas for the February show, there's a possibility of one in December as well.  The creativity is sometimes easier in motion, and bouncing ideas around off other people

Unexpectedly have tonight free.  Rehearsal got moved to yesterday, and between that and Tuesday having been a holiday, I've lost track of days.  Got a bunch of plays staring up at me, (every time I walk into the library to return anything, I end up walking out with one more than I had, so the pile keeps growing.)  Couldn't see well enough last night to read: eye exam, left me blurry and, even five hours later, looking like a love-sick seal, with my massive pupils.  Could kinda' read the music at rehearsal, didn't seem like reason enough not to go, I've missed too many this season, so I went.  I believe the right play is Comedy of Errors, or at least that is written down in relation to nothing around it.  I do have it now.  Not sure what I'll do on Sunday.  Just not feeling Emilia from Othello.

Not feeling any of these monologues at all, but you can't wait for inspiration to move ahead, just have to keep trudging through, believing that if you do the work, eventually you will see progress.  It's not all for nothing.  I keep thinking about what J said, "If you really want it, you'll make it happen."  (I know that was issued as a challenge.  I accept that, think about it daily.)  And I do, more than most things.  Just feeling doubt.  I know I've done good work in the past, so I'm capable, just not getting to the same level at the moment.  Unsure of what would get me there.

I need to find or make more opportunities to work with other people.  The isolation isn't really working for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment