Thursday, November 6, 2014

Torrents

Rainbow, November 6/L Herlevi 2014
Looking out the window I saw a rainbow, ran out to take a picture of it, it started to rain.  Finished getting dressed and out the door, raining harder, standing water in the streets.  By the time I got off of the bus, it was torrents, wind pushing it uphill in gusts, rivers in the streets.  No where to step to avoid the standing water.  Drenched by the time I got into work.  Ever grateful for the radiator, drying off the dress, and reminding myself that aside from an earthquake or a blizzard, there are other reasons to keep an extra set of clothes at work. 
Emergency Shoes, October 31/L Herlevi 2014

The rain continued to be interspersed with bright blue sky, sunny and breezy, as if nothing had ever happened.  Wringing it all out of its system to feel better, like a massive mood swing.  We are in between things.

(I have no idea why the formatting did this.)

In a break in the weather, ran to the library and traded in one Chekhov for three others.  Wild Honey, a short play anthology, and a book called Chekhov in My Life by Lydia Avilov.  Seeing one more Chekhov-based work and then two more Beckett, and then I don't know what's going on with me...I can't keep track any more.  It's all on one calendar, except all the singing gigs.

Re-read Frankie and Johnnie during an idle spell.  Not sure if I'll keep the monologue, though I like the play.  Thinking about "driving action," not sure it's strong enough.  There are a couple other sections I might try to make a monologue out of, but they change the subject a lot.  Might look at Riches, too, since I already did a lot of character work on her.  I need something ready by class.  Trying to come up with clown ideas, too, I have some, but they are vague at the moment, need to be worked.

At any rate, trying to focus on what I can control (as our audition teacher keeps saying, but applies to life as well), and to lessen worrying about what I can't.  Easier said than done, the part that hurts is stubbornly holding onto that.  Staring at the lack and making it seem bigger than what is there.  I'm aware of the good.

No comments:

Post a Comment