Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Keeping the door open

"Yes, and..." is better for keeping the doors open for change than "no."  Re-framing the change in the positive.  It's important to be on your own side, even if it feels you are the only one.  I think I'm there now, I'll learn what I need to learn and move on.  If I have to work harder than anyone else, then I guess I will.

And in light of all that's happened, keep looking for the best in yourself and in one another, you might discover it.  If you focus only on the worst aspects, that's all you will find.  We will become more fearful and divided, building thicker walls.  There is no future there, none that any of us really want.

What does it mean to love your enemy?  To behave on your highest impulse, even when you want revenge?  To find common ground?  To practice empathy?  Would it change anything?

No comments:

Post a Comment