Saturday, November 15, 2014

Onto the next thing

Feeling sick to my stomach most of the day.  In the morning, I went for a long walk to make the most of the sun, to see what birds have come, (so many birds, and when I walked to the shore for a closer look, they swam over, expecting to be fed) and to work on the memorization of a monologue.

Later at clown group, I think we have a start on a few things.  The show feels very soon.  Once home, I had to force myself to go out again, had a ticket to a (final, I think) Beckett show.  This one more based on inspiration than an actual Beckett play.  And as such, and because it was physical/clown, and because it had some hope in it, I probably liked it the best of the bunch.  Not all the dialogue worked for me, and again, there was more hope and redemption involved, so, not necessarily as true to Beckett, and there seemed to be more a sense of cause and effect...at any rate, possibly because of all these things, I found myself more involved in what happened.  And while I didn't necessarily laugh, (a lot of the audience did), I did find that I cared what happened to the characters, and I liked the way it was staged.  (And since I felt sick the whole time, I was glad it was relatively short and I could come back home to curl up again.)

I was late arriving.  The bus had to wait at an early stop.  A man had entered the bus, I'm not sure what was going on with him, but he kept trying to sit on the driver, had difficulty maneuvering himself about, at one point his pants dropped down to his ankles, and I saw the driver's hand point, presumably to pull them back on, which he eventually did.  He was finally able to find his way to a seat and sit down after about five minutes of this.  Not dressed for the weather at all, wearing just a couple of thin shirts and the pants.  The bus plowed forward, to make up the time.  At any rate, I wasn't the only one late for the show, about five others.  They held the start.

What possessed me to go find frozen yogurt when I got of the bus, every storefront I pass darkened for the evening, though it's not yet 10 pm, already shivering from the cold air, is beyond me.  The shop is open, and I, the sole customer.  I walk home carrying it in un-gloved hands, no chance of it melting.  Perhaps it will settle my stomach.

Looking up as I near my house, the sky is magnificent.  So clear.  So many stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment