Monday, December 25, 2017

Christmas Morning

It started to snow around 3:30 yesterday afternoon.  It snowed quite heavy all through the Christmas Eve service, and I drove home, roads to my house, a little icy, but manageable.  Every time I had to stop, I gazed at the trees, and how beautiful they looked against the darker sky.  Called home, decided not to drive up.  Spent the evening watching "The Christmas Story" marathon on TNT (watched it more or less twice-I cooked dinner during the second time.)  Four of my housemates were also in town, though they mostly hide in their rooms.

It snowed over night.  There were about three inches in my neighborhood.  I went out and traipsed around the lake for a couple of hours this morning, until my camera batteries died, and I was back where I started at that point.  Also, I wanted coffee.  Starbucks was open, and really busy.  The park was crowded, people out skiing, sledding, creating snow people, building forts...I was somewhat surprised, being Christmas morning and all (but then, also a snow day/holiday, and we don't have that too often.)  Felt festive.  It's melting now.

I thought I might be melancholy, being here, but I woke up really happy.  And I love snow.  Don't know what I'll do for the rest of the day, don't think I'll drive up, not sure what the road conditions are, and I have a car I've barely driven before.

It's so quiet, and peaceful.

No comments:

Post a Comment