Sunday, December 10, 2017

Sunday, waiting

Classing up the joint by finally hanging up artwork (oh, yeah, finally got around to making the Christmas swag, too.)  I bought this watercolor picture of rhinos at at auction last year, and I wanted to put that up, so went to the the drugstore to buy some of those non-damaging hanger things, because my roommate raised the concern of lead on our walls.  But after attaching the hangers to the wall, I realized the frame is not going to work with them, someone had attached a wire to one corner only, and I haven't figured out how to fix it, yet; it's a strange frame.  I hung my own work up, instead.  I'll probably do more, I have some time to kill before I have to go to work.

Anyway, I was going to buy those and then go to the Farmers' Market, but got side-tracked by looking at pretty rocks, and walking thru Whole Foods eating food samples; finally made it over two hours later.  My day was pretty wide open, and luckily the market was still open when I got there.  Spent the rest of the afternoon hanging art, and cooking random stuff from the fridge.  (Made this Italian sausage, roasted brussel sprout, caramelized onion, pomegranate seed pasta thing...sounds weirder than it tasted.)

I was home too long, and feeling restless with a monkey brain, so went out and walked around the lake around 7 pm.  It was the annual walk around the lake with the path lit with candles.  I think it officially ended some time around 7, but there was still a jazz group playing, and managed to walk half the lake before there were no more lights.  Lots of people.  I like walking it at night, and needed the exercise.  It felt safe enough, though I do have to say, while the candles are pretty, and mark the boundaries of the path, they don't really offer much by the way of illumination.  (It reminded me, that the first time I ever walked the lake after dark, was in '91, on a pseudo date, at around 11 pm.  It was pretty sketchy.  It made me nervous, and my date said something to the effect, "Don't worry, I watched a Kung Fu movie earlier."  Which I still think is funny.  We didn't end up staying there all that long, and he didn't have to defend us from anyone.)

I think I'll take up running in the new year...running and tap dancing.  (I need to get my ankles more stable first, and I need shoes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment