Sunday, December 24, 2017

Early on Christmas Eve

So, I got sick again, this time on Friday, which I guess was convenient only in that I had already taken the day off.  Had another horrific headache that lasted about 40 hours.  I probably need to go to a doctor, these were eight days apart.  Had some chills and fever with it, too, so...I don't know.  And a bit wiped out on Saturday, but well enough to pick up a rental car and run errands.  But I'm not ready to go out of town tonight.

Had been planning on making calendars, but due to my computer being non-functional, had tried to save the files from a different computer, and they didn't open at the store, so went to a different store today for a plan B.  That ended up taking longer than planned because I decided to have gift-wrapping done (I'm not going to get much else done today, I have to be at rehearsal for singing tonight at 4 pm, and I need to get gas for the car and a bribery present for the dog, since he's afraid of me.)

Walking to the store, I came across a Santa Claus and an elf outside the seafood market, someone told me there had a been a long line earlier.  It cheered me up to see them, but they were gone when I walked back later.

Anyway, I bring this up because the timing of it all allowed me to come back to the car right as a family was walking down the street with paper bags with Christmas trees painted on the front.  They walked underneath a stairwell where people sometimes hang out to get out of the elements, and who have no place else to go.  As they walked away, I heard a voice from under the stairs holler back, "Thank you!"  They were going out of their way to find people unsheltered in the U-District (and there are many) and to give them Christmas presents.  So, beautiful it made me cry.  So glad to have been there to witness it. 

There is still love in the world.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment