Thursday, December 14, 2017

Sick day

Feeling listless, listening to a radio station pledge drive.  Home for a second day.  Yesterday I felt like I was dying, laid in a ball on the nasty couch for 14 hours straight.  (Funny how circumstance will change one's standards.  Under normal circumstances I wouldn't put my face any where near that couch.)  Food poisoning or a stomach bug, raging headache (one of the worst I've ever had), which I couldn't get to go away.  Listening to the tv, and having to bury my head whenever food commercials came on, which was often.  Finally, got up at 3 am, finished the cup of licorice tea I'd started drinking at 1 pm (I was afraid of dehydration) and ate a few crackers, and went to sleep in my own room.  Have no motivation to do anything at all now, maybe I'll get around to doing laundry.  Briefly went to get a cup of coffee and return library books.  Did a bit of writing.

Later, both washer and dryer have broken (washer leaking, dryer not turning.)  I tested the washer with a small amount of water, and when it didn't leak too much, ran a wash anyway.  Haven't done laundry in a while, and being sick, felt like it needed to be done.  Have it hanging on a rack now, maybe it will dry by the end of the weekend.  Stood around with a mop and tried to sop up the water.  Surprisingly, landlord got back to me and said he'd stop by tonight.  Fingers crossed.

It was a beautiful day out today.  Ran errands, okay, errand: I went to the drugstore and bought ibuprofen and batteries; and looked at the sunset, also quite nice, while I walked back home.  Now it's barely 5 pm and I want to go back to bed.  I have very few thoughts rattling around my head.  Just  tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment