Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Electric

Woke up happy, wrapped up in a blanket I must've grabbed in the middle of the night, the random puffs of cool air blowing in from one window, then the other, then...nothing.

Excited all day, but by the time I get to clown jam (which generally, I love) I've had a huge drop in enthusiasm.  The heat, I suppose, all of our energy was dropping in the beginning. I wasn't feeling very present.  Approaching stuff more from an actor, or regular person, than clown.  Hard time staying in the moment, though I enjoyed watching other people.  By the time it was over, my blood sugar had plummeted, even though I ate right before.  Missed the bus, so got home after 11 pm.  Cranky, tired and desperate to eat something.  (Maybe we burned more energy than it seemed at the time.)  Nothing readily edible in the house (uncooked brown rice, etc.), and no stores open, so am currently downing the remainder of a pint of ice cream and granola.

Dinner of champions.

Volunteering at 14/48 over the weekend, still pretty psyched about that, in spite of my over-riding crankiness.

Oh, and as we were walking toward my bus stop, told two of the clown folks that I was working on something.  They said I should bring it to the jam.  Now I'm accountable.  That's a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment