Sunday, August 17, 2014

The best of intentions

...soon overwhelmed once again.  Trying to tackle more of this unpacking/organizing.  Emptied three more bags and have begun the process of at least separating all the papers I randomly shoved into bags when I moved.  And facing the slow (for me) process of letting go.  I might have it sorted by the time I move again. Took a long walk in the middle of the process.  Meant to go see a friend in a show, but by the time I got home, it was 1:57 and the show was at 2 pm.  Next time.  I need to get this done.  Not being able to find anything is finally driving me nuts, enough to deal with it.  (Did find my food processor attachment and a pendant I was wondering about.)

Yesterday, riding the bus to the Seattle Center, from a distance, the city skyline looked metallic and imposing, like a fortress. Hard with metal, glass, and cement, keeping anything, soft and growing, out. Someone on the bus speaking loudly.  Asking uncomfortable, confrontational questions of another passenger.  Second person answering in a calm and unexpected way, recognizing the shared humanity with the first.  Everything changes, tension dissolves, first man has an epiphany, still quite loud, but fascinating to hear him work it out so vocally, awed, and publicly.

Walking across the center to the Rep, I pass by one of those public pianos, and walk over to take a photo.  Get into a conversation about Leonard Cohen with the player, he sings an original Hebrew verse of "Hallelujah" for me and asks me how I know about music.  Ends up talking me into singing a couple of songs with him.  I never do take the photo.

The show.  Alchemy.  It all just clicked more last night. Perhaps the lack of sleep, the pressure, the getting into a groove, the getting to know one another.  I liked it more, laughed a lot. (This weekend was more humorous than last.)  The theme was "Trial by Fire," seemed to have been easier to work with, more obviously used than previous night's.  On to the next thing, not sure what that is, talking to a friend, "just audition."  Yeah.

Back to sorting.  The sooner I do it, the less it will hang over me.
Possibilities, Aug 16/L Herlevi 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment