Saturday, August 2, 2014

Thunder storms

giving me an excuse to hang around the house.  Walking around the lake, realized I want time where I don't "have to" get anywhere or do anything...I think that's called a vacation.  Shortly after this thought, a thunder storm struck right above us.  Everyone was brought to shore (there were crew races in progress, and swimmers.)

I'm sitting around now looking for cauliflower recipes and waiting for my laundry and imagining all the things I would add raisins to if I had any (and I don't even really like raisins): roasted cauliflower (golden raisins), the apple-fig compote I made earlier, couscous, rice, etc...I only really like them cooked, preferable with a lot of liquid.  It's an odd thing to crave.

These are from earlier.  Was taking the top picture when the first peal of thunder rolled through.  It took a while to begin to rain, massive drops of water.  The last picture is what the sky looked above me, even while it was pouring in front of me.
On Duty, August 2/L Herlevi 2014

Everyone is out of the water now, Aug 2/L Herlevi 2014

Then the rain fell, Aug 2/L Herlevi 2014

As the rain fell, Aug 2/L Herlevi 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment