Sunday, August 10, 2014

Late

The theme tonight was "Away at Camp."  If anything, across the board everyone had stepped up their game:  stage combat, accents, someone had to sing, the stories were particularly strong.  I was mentioning that to someone and she said she'd heard someone else say that when you get to the point of that much lack of sleep you are too tired to block ideas.  Maybe.  Great show at any rate.  Would've liked to have stayed for Act II of the second showing, but wasn't sure how late my bus ran.  As it turned out, they stop at 1:15 am or so, so it's good that I left (and I have to get up early.)  I especially liked the plays in the second act and wanted to see them again, but there were a couple of drunk women in the bar behind me whooping it up as if they were at a sporting event making it difficult to hear the actors, (especially when the mics had to be killed after they were hit with a water balloon, and in general not really seeming to get what the stories were) and being so loud that they drew attention to themselves and away from the stage.

For whatever reason, I was particularly social today and so met a lot of people, or re-met them.  Some days that is much easier, good timing for it.

I dreamt that I had chains chopped loose and I ran forward and jumped into someone's arms I didn't know was waiting.  There were others there, too, though I didn't see their faces.  Maybe it represents finally breaking free and letting myself win.

Tired, not particularly as coherent as I'd like to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment