Thursday, January 8, 2015

More change

And yet another direction.  I need to make the casting choices solid so that I can make the game solid.  The coaching session was helpful and makes the time we have seem short, and yet, also really fleshed out the work, and gave us all more to explore, makes it more interesting to watch.  Plus, covered a lot of the details we hadn't gotten to yet (what makes it a performance?  What makes it clown?  Where is the focus?  Where is the energy?  How are you entering?  What do you need to do?  Building?  Discovering?  Sharing with the audience?  Exiting? - basic acting questions, really.)

I have two shows (different ones) over the next two months, and neither of them are written.  One has yet to be conceived.  That's a sobering thought.  I'll be better for all of it though.

I need to apply for auditions, too, and soon.

There's absurdity I want to explore with clown.  Leaps you can make because it's clown.  Suspension of disbelief, like in cartoons, that I want to play with.  I won't be using it in this show, but have a bunch of fragments (or threads) to follow for now.

I'm glad we are doing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment