Saturday, January 17, 2015

Things to finally know

Went to two shows tonight: the ETI solo performances, which I enjoyed and was happy for the levels of vulnerability and storytelling from the performers, several of whom I trained with last year, so was good to see how much more they've been growing in craft.  (Even if I do feel a small tinge of jealousy, I'm still happy for them.  And I want to know what this "full prep" before a performance is.)  The other was the late showing of the 14/48 Kamikaze weekend (where everyone draws their discipline from a hat: director, writer, designer, actor, or band member, not being assured of getting something they have any experience with.)  Impressed with how well it went; impressed once again, with how well the actors connect with the text and with each other in so short a time.

Came home to find my rent is increasing by $105/month.  Sucks.  I'm a good tenant, not sure if I can afford it, or if I want to pay that much to live here.  Eats up the raise I just got.

Have also decided to grow a little more self respect.  And am now going to sleep, because I'm working at both shows I saw tonight, tomorrow.  All day.  Not deciding anything else for now.  Although, perhaps the clown piece can just be two people.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment