Friday, January 30, 2015

Start somewhere

Must have a new housemate, the door is open across the hall, now there will be six of us to the one bathroom.

Just got home from the Nile Project concert. (A project that brings musicians from countries along the Nile river together to have conversations, find common ground-on things such as water issues and human rights among others - and create music together.)  Had thought I was working at it, it was on my calendar, so I showed up at 6:30 pm, but no one was there.  There was a reception, at 9 pm, and I wasn't working it, but they asked if I wanted to stay and see the show, so I said, "Yes."  I guess they hold a few tickets even when they are sold out.  It was great.  But again, it was a bit trance-like and I fell asleep for short bits, as did the woman next to me, and at intermission, two other women were commenting on that.  The woman next to me pointed out that I had dozed off.  I later asked how she knew (did I fall on her?  did I say something?  do something odd?)  She said she looked over and saw me.  Kinda' a relief, though I wish it didn't happen all the time.

They were all fantastic musicians, but the singer from Egypt, Dina El Wedidi, gave me chills every time she sang.  Amazing.

When I walked out to the bus after, it was 11 pm, hardly seemed like that could have been three hours, even with the short intermission.

It's cold and pea-soup foggy out now.  Have to get up early, have a gig as an extra in the morning, if I can find something to wear for it.  Not sure if I do, my clothes are odd, I never "go out."

Starting somewhere.  And as for the writing, I could use it with editing, if I wanted to.  I don't know if I want to, but it's a relief to realize I can come up with things that work.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment