Monday, January 5, 2015

Warm, Rainy, and Monday

A dark morning.  Dark, and schizophrenic weather, over 50 degrees again (it was in the 20's a couple of mornings ago); the office was boiling from the radiators being left open all weekend.  Had to open a window in the house during the night, too, the heat finally reaching the attic.  Then, walking to work, still relatively dark out, a glimpse of something white and fluttering to my side.  I think it must be paper or plastic caught in the breeze, but when I turn, it's a massive seagull, silently landing in the grass next to me.  I joked with someone that it was trying to sneak up on me, they're usually so vocal.

The clown thing.  I'm probably getting too psychological with it.  Too narrative, but then again, you can always back off of too much, I'm happy for a concept.  And I was told that mostly what I need to write are stage directions, that's a relief to get a handle on something...it was all this vagueness before.  Possible meeting with someone to hash it out this week, then a coaching session, then fifteen hours of "failure and frustration" (a clown workshop.)  Overall, a slightly unexpected opportunity, last summer he didn't think he'd be here in the winter.  The timing works for me.

I'm finding the Meisner exercises coming back to me now, and working for me in a way they didn't last year, which is great.  Surprised, I suppose by the direction things have taken, and I hope it all works out.  Even if we only perform for an audience of one, I want to be committed to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment