Saturday, February 14, 2015

Friday the 13th

The (clown) show went well, I think.  We sold around 35 tickets (which made the house look full from the stage, there are only 50 seats in all), and people laughed.  It got taped, so we can watch it later, but it felt good last night.  After the show, the man that runs the theatre made an announcement that we have another show in three months...okay, then.  I guess that's part of the "in residency" deal.  (I need to write out our piece from last night, too.  How it finally went, in the event we ever do it again.)

Onto the next thing.

After Wednesday's class, I was scrambling to find rehearsal space for the long weekend, and finding I was unable to book any of it, even though it was technically available, due to people being out of the office and/or delay times...feeling stressed, when suddenly, in my Facebook feed, something called "Spacefinder" popped up.  Basically, it's a listing of available rental space for artists in the city.  So, I did book space in the end, in a dance studio.  Fortuitous.  (Have access to the sound system too, if I need it.)  I'm hoping one of the other ones will come through as well, (came through booked for April 16 instead of Feb 16...Mercury isn't even retrograde...I might show up anyway) we have coaching sessions in a week, and I'd like a solid idea before then.  We're performing these on March 7.  Pretty soon for something that isn't yet written.

An almost free Saturday.  First in a long time.

A darkish picture of my clown backstage.  Laughing at the antics of a cupcake and a clown.
Backstage, Clown Jam Showcase, Feb 13/L Herlevi 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment