Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Day 8

Woke up at 4 am with food poisoning.  Called to say I'd be late to work at the auditions, but did actually show up.  Just more-or-less avoided eating all day.  Drank a lot of black tea with sugar (so, there's that) and ate a few Cheeze-its (for the salt, so there's that too.)  Needed to rehearse and go to class.  Just got home, someone gave me a ride, which was thoughtful.  If I'd had to get off the bus, it would've been a long wait until the next one came along.  I'm still sick.

The work (everyone's), overall, is strong.  Specific notes tonight, important to be there.  Rehearsing got me mostly off book, but I need to just keep running it.  The works are explorations, so even when we have an outside audience, they might still be in-process, though he suggested we not make any major edits after next week.  This the first performance in a while where I want to invite a lot of people to, I feel more solid with it than with other things I've been working on (the Meisner final showcase would be the exception, felt good about that, too.)  I liked the clown piece (and everyone else's work), but I felt that I could've used more time working on it, the rules of that universe weren't quite solid for me.

Need to come up with a title.

Sleep sounds like a good idea.  I've been up for almost 20 hours now.

No comments:

Post a Comment