Sunday, February 15, 2015

Sunday

Violets, Feb 12/L Herlevi 2015
I found myself a little nervous before rehearsal today, even though it wasn't in front of anyone else, and it was my own material.  Oh, well.  Forgot to bring my script, too.  Ended up improvising, which was better in the long run, I think I know what it's about now.  That space was fabulous.  I think I might sing for part of the piece, and the acoustics in there were fantastic: I liked the sound of my own voice, singing.  I can't always hear it well, and I could there.  (We also had breath and voice work in the other singing rehearsal this afternoon, which helped.  It's exhausting, but I always feel I sing better after.  We have one tomorrow as well.)  I want to find excuses to rent it more often, which means I need to write more, and not eat out so much so that I can afford it.

I need to rewrite this tonight.  I think I'll show up at the other space tomorrow and see if the confirmation I got was a mistake (wrong date.)  I want to work it again with the rewrite before turning in the draft.

I stopped by grocery store on the way home and was excited to see they had a seed display up.  A man walked over and we talked about what to grow.  Bought peas and arugula.  I can't plant yet because my garden is being rebuilt (it's needed that for years, and we just got a grant for maintenance.)  Found this chocolate chai tea as well.  I figure as long as there's no sweetener it should be okay.  I'm only giving up: wheat, soy, sugar, coffee, dairy, alcohol, and solanaceaes.  Been feeling physically like crap (my body hurts) for the past few days, so not so hard to give those up.  The worst it's been in eight years.  Not sure if it's a lingering result of the virus from last week, the stress, or food.  It's scaring me enough to take better care of myself.

It was sunny and warm earlier.  Now it's still clear and the stars are out.  The earth seems to be rushing into spring.  Here are pictures of some flowers (and one decided to put itself at the top of the post.  My internet connection is spotty, so I'll leave it there.)

Tree in Bloom, Feb 14/L Herlevi 2015

Quince, Feb 14/L Herlevi 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment