Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Swamped

Walking down the street tonight, after rehearsal, I stopped to look at flowers strewn on the ground, and then looked up: Plum tree in bloom.  They threw me off, I forgot it's still actually winter.

Rehearsed for a few hours tonight, the first for class (because the space was empty), and the last couple for the show.  It feels more solid, there are some things I need to decide for myself, but we've pared it down.  End result is that the main story changed again, almost back to the original one.  Letting go of bits we all liked that didn't serve the story, made it muddy.  We can use them somewhere else, maybe.

Feeling better about the movement assignment for class. (And slightly less so for the interview piece.)  Better, not fantastic, though I did find an interesting character change when I dropped the energy level down.  And one of the energy centers I chose makes me feel like an animal, I just hope I let myself follow through with it and don't get overly self-conscious...it's not the first time I've gone there. Just the first time with these particular people.  I think the inherent nervousness might actually help both pieces.  (Fingers crossed on that.  There have been run-thrus that have gone well, just need to hit that when I/we do it for real.)

And after this week, we start on the actual solo work.  And three shows with the choir (so, double rehearsals most weeks), all within the next month.  I decided not to do the generals (auditions),  didn't feel ready after the audition class, and haven't devoted enough time to finding and polishing monologues I like in the interim...and I still need to save up for a head shot.  Soon.

My co-worker and I decided to give up wheat and sugar for Lent.  Maybe the added structure and the slight competition will help me stick with this.  Sometimes it's easier if I'm accountable to someone else.

Was digging through my pockets in my costume bag and found $5 (better than finding underwear); someone must have put it there, I was broke all week.

No comments:

Post a Comment