Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Sun and happy

Woke up from a dream about rebuilding our garden (I think).  At one point I was cutting up a Strawberry tree (to donate?) and an old college friend showed up and asked if he could help.  (In real life, we had a falling out, and then we bumped into each other in the street a year later, went out for tea and had resolution.  Haven't seen him since.)  Right before I woke up, I was standing around talking to people, while gnawing through a 2x4 as if it were celery. (?)

Had the opportunity come up to work with someone I would love to work with, and had to turn it down.  Seriously, nothing really going on for months, and suddenly four gigs in two weeks which conflict.  A small part of me thought about backing out of the previous gigs, but they are a big deal (my solo performance and singing at Benaroya Hall for the 150th Anniversary of Sibelius' birth.  That's a big stage for us.  I think we are the only choir in the country that regularly performs the Finnish folk songs.)  Still, you know...damn.

Had an interesting (and busy) weekend.

Hello audacity! Welcome back.

No comments:

Post a Comment