Thursday, February 5, 2015

Stories

Did not sleep of course, due to excruciating jaw pain, which then lasted most of the day until I took a chance with ibuprofen, after which, I slept for most of the afternoon.  I'm pretty sure this is just a cold, but I'm exhausted.  Got up to walk across the street earlier to get something to eat, only to come back home and go back to sleep.  And then feeling feverish and craving fried chicken (all day), finally got out of the house again after 8 pm, and walked in the pouring rain to the grocery store.  The cooler, damp air felt good.  Drank a kale and ginger smoothie (vitamins, if nothing else), and went back to bed.  Woke up late with a backache and feeling slow, but improved, so I went to work.  I had things that had to get done today, by me.  I don't hurt anymore, but I'm still tired.

I missed class.  Will have to do a make-up next week, and call to find out more about this week's homework.  We need to interview someone and than present that next week in front of the class.  It's a set back, I rarely miss a class. (Don't think I've ever missed a theatre class.)  Who to interview?  The assignment excites me, I like hearing people's stories, we so rarely hear or tell them while we are living.  I am often surprised.  I am, however, also intimidated to make the initial ask.  I think many people would like to tell stories from their lives, and are never asked.  It's flattering that anyone would want to know.  There is trust (I won't be recording it) with your story, and getting over the social barrier of asking.  It seems invasive (from my end things, to ask.)  It's similar to the playback exercise from Meisner last year, and the story replay from that workshop at On the Boards last spring.  Just one.  In person.

Sooner is better than later, a week is not so much time.

Need to get to singing rehearsal.

Think there are two new housemates.  Haven't seen either of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment