Thursday, May 21, 2015

Crow

Culling through my old art supplies because I found someone that will take them...how many sketchbooks do I need really?  The lure of the possibility kept me buying them, and I was using them for a time, but it's been a while.  Otherwise, it's the weight of projects I never got around to doing.  There is no scarcity.  Also, I have things stored at a friend's house, and his landlord recently sold it, so will have to deal with all of that as well, so the less I have, the better.

The sky has clouded over.  The slightest possibility of a thunder storm.  If I go for a walk do I leave the windows open or not?  The airflow is nice.  (Ain't even summer, yet.)  It's predicted to rain for the next couple of days.

As soon as I got near the lake, a crow languidly started following me.  A woman eating dinner on the grass offered it leftovers, and then as I walked past she commented, "Oh, it wants something you have."  Then, "It's definitely following you," as I changed course.  It was rather half-assed about it.  Flying slow, cawing not quite aggressively, following only for about 4-5 trees.  It was nearing sunset, the day had been warm, I suppose it was tired.  (And perhaps it mistook me for someone else, I haven't harassed any crows lately.)

That was the highlight.  Lots of people out, enjoying the evening.  Some kids playing bluegrass on guitar and fiddle ("All of Me," I think.)  Fish jumping.  Osprey circling.  Herons creeping along in the shallows.  A sunset.  Now evening has set it.  My hand hurts, so I'll stop typing.

No comments:

Post a Comment