Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Nothing really

Worked at an auction last night (for the acting school.)  Ended up being the highest bidder on this salon package, which is good: I could use a decent haircut.  (I read this survey the other day that had a couple of "requirements" of being considered "conscientious" as being: regularly cutting your hair, ironing your clothes, and being available to your job when you are technically "off work."  I'm failing on those counts...but how shallow.  I think we can have messy hair, dirty dishes in the sink, and wrinkled clothing, but count where it matters.  But if that makes me selfish, more power to me.  And if  I had to choose between an always perfectly groomed person who was more concerned about how they came across to others vs someone with messy hair and some wrinkles in their clothes but who cared about me (and others), I'll take the latter every time.  And yeah, the person who wrote it was probably referring to self-care, and that matters, you can't put yourself last, but it seemed to be focused on behaviors that people outside of you could approve of and not inner integrity.)  So, that's a tangent.

I had also bid on a knitting class and a horse camp.  I crossed my name off the latter, not sure how I'd get there.  I had a riding accident when I was a kid and would like to get over that, plus I like being around them.  Keep wanting to volunteer with horses, but would need a car.  Was out-bid on the knitting, just as well.  I have a bad habit of bidding to "stir the pot" as one person referred to it last night (plus I get competitive.)  It can get expensive, even if it is for a good cause. (Also had a couple people tell me they liked David and mine's final performance for Meisner last year.  That was nice to hear.)

I was talking to this dancer over the weekend.  He's part of a company that was in town; they work 40 hours/week, with two weeks off each year, on creating new work, and bringing new members up to speed on the earlier choreography.  It got me thinking about how we (clown group) need more dedicated space/time to come up with material.  We have a couple pieces I'd like to expand, but it might be too soon to present them, we just started exploring them....three months of even twelve hours of rehearsal/month doesn't feel like enough time to come up with a full hour's show (though improv groups do it.) There are other ideas, too, clown improv, that could be ready, and interesting. We only have a month at this point (it was three months between shows) and I'm out most of June for another training.  So...time to get cracking or postpone, I think.  Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment