Sunday, May 17, 2015

Sunday

In spite of my former opinions, Tennessee Williams is now one of my favorite playwrights and "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof," is on of my favorite pieces of writing ever put down on paper.  Just, so, good.  Finally went and saw it today (at ACT, Kurt Beattie, Director), the last day.  I had meant to go, but have been busy, and I really disliked the poster, so had been on the fence about it.  It was a depiction of Maggie (photo) looking a little too knowing and sly, (and she's not, she's desperate) thankfully, she wasn't played that way.  The dialogue is great, especially the scene between Brick (Brandon O'Neill) and Big Daddy (John Aylward) in the middle of the play.  And in this particular production, I liked the tension that was in the air whenever Maggie (Laura Griffith) and Gooper (Charles Leggett) were on the stage together.

Coming home I had my second encounter of the week of an inebriated man sitting way too much in my space...ugh, so uncomfortable, both times started to feel trapped.  My inherent "give them the benefit of the doubt"-ness keeping me from saying anything, though I was ready to physically shove if they got any more close.  Something to work on, though I'm hoping I won't have an opportunity to for now.

Guess since I came home and it's still daylight, I should do all those things I took the days off for.

No comments:

Post a Comment