Thursday, May 7, 2015

Mid-week

An embarrassment of riches is what we are.

In one part of my life, I'm trying to come up with story ideas for clown.  Still liking the love triangle thing, also, want to do something where I get to play an animal.  We've got a lot of work to do.

Also finding it easier to believe in imaginary circumstances (and be affected by them) over the last couple of days, so letting myself run with it, in hopes that the practice makes it easier in the future.  Essentially, it's like being a kid again, though sometimes I still get self-conscious and drop out of it.

In another part, I'm purchasing carpet.  Not only taking into consideration the space itself, but multiple opinions (and as someone pointed out, isn't really possible to please everyone, so whatever is chosen someone is gonna sit there and think, "Man, what awful carpet.")  Is it better to go with a strong opinion and deal with the fall out or to compromise to "blah?"  I suppose the almost black carpet isn't going to fly, but it looks fantastic.

And in yet another, observing how leaf and wing has rushed in to occupy space recently devoid of it.  I was cold and feeling inert because of it most of yesterday, still made myself go out for a walk, quite late in the day.  Wild roses are in bloom.  An eagle flew overhead (explaining the lack of visible ducks on the water.)  Swallows are back in full force, diving low over the water then swooping up to circle the air.  A hawk shot out of the (already) tall grass as I passed by (probably a Cooper.)  And some sort of lone sandpiper probed the shallow pond with its beak. (And notes on the sighting board said that both the green heron and ring-necked pheasants had been seen in recent days...something to keep an eye out for at any rate.  Thought the pheasants were long gone.)  From out of the noise of crowds, I made out the tapping of what I thought might be a woodpecker, and wandered off until I found it.  Hairy woodpecker, maybe?  (At Greenlake.)  Closer to home, some wrens have taken up residence in a hole cut out of the ceiling.  I had noticed what I thought might be a nest a week or so ago, but had forgotten about it, then yesterday, I happened to look up just as a parent was flying in with food:  three gaping mouths appeared in the back corner.  Opportunity never wasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment