Friday, May 8, 2015

Home again

Re-irritated by the landlord, because he did change the lock, and didn't fix the light, and the remembrance that I think he's supposed to give us 72 hours in writing to come into the house, much less change things (like locks)...and then I go look at art and a fiber artist explains her process to me and offers guidance and resources if I'd like to learn (I do.)  In another shop a painter/photographer talks to me in detail about how her work came about (and it's a new form, she created the process) and how you just have to let go of pleasing anyone else and take a risk (second time I've heard that today.)  Another photographer makes his own cameras, offers the blueprints for free, explains his process.  And a gospel choir offers the opportunity to learn how to sing like they do, sing with them (the volume is pretty amazing.)  So much generosity and a feeling of belonging in the world, washing away the stress of the earlier day.

No comments:

Post a Comment