Thursday, June 11, 2015

Day 3

The crows are dive-bombing the unsuspecting on the other side of the door.  I've been hearing their caws reverberating in the foyer for the past couple of hours.  I shall avoid...if I remember.

More sore today, but still not as bad as I was anticipating.  This has thankfully not been as brutal as the intensive last fall, and that was only eight hours.  I'm starting to get the form better, at least in some parts; my focus is improving.  (Statues are the hardest for me.  I'm thinking too much about it.)  I don't have the song memorized yet.  I don't know what anything is called.  Need to finish my movement-daily-ritual-story thing.  Might change it over the weekend, but we need something today.  I've got about half the names of the classmates down (but I remember where people are from, for some reason.)  I remember people, for the most part, remember stories or where we met, but have become really bad with names.

The process of creating the performance is cool.  Have not quite done this before, trying to figure out the acting/not acting line.  There's no speaking, but still need to figure out who I am in the moment, and why I'm there, and what I want.  In some ways that's easier without words to get in the way.  I don't have to memorize and internalize anyone else's words, but then I do have to remember to not stay in my own head.  With words, there is an obvious out-put, without them, I need to remind myself that there's still that exchange of energy; still a story being told.  I need to figure out what my story is, and that changes with every entrance, as the characters change.

The basic form/story was already there, but is being adjusted for the space, for the sheer amount of people on the stage, the entrances, exits, crossings, interactions.  We have worked on about 3 1/2 minutes so far.  I think I heard it will be 21 minutes.  I hope someone tapes it, I want to see the final piece (as well as be in it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment