Monday, June 1, 2015

Not happening

Well, the Studio Series I applied for isn't going to happen this summer, due to a lack of applicants, which is a shame.  I'm disappointed, I really wanted to do this.  I guess August has freed up, and I'll have to figure out what I'm gonna do instead.   Another friend might be able to do a temporary head-shot for me, so I need to follow-up.  Guess this is another push to get out there and audition...though I really wanted outside feedback on the solo piece, I'm not sure anyone bothered to read them, since there weren't enough applicants; the feedback I've had so far was vague: "Why didn't you take your clothes off?" (Because it wasn't about that, and that would've taken too much time.)  "Why didn't you speak in French if you were in France?"  (Because the people in that part of the story did not speak to me in French, and I wanted to differentiate their voices from my own, and the ones in my head.)  I'm never really gonna be ready, but working on scripted shows is what I want to do right now, so I need to stop making excuses and just do it.  (And with both this and the clown showcase cancelled, I will be able to attend all 60 hours of the physical theatre workshop this month - the mandatory meeting for the Studio Series and the clown showcase were both conflicts.)

No comments:

Post a Comment