Friday, September 12, 2014

Friday, late

Just got home from the New Play Lab (A series.)  All three readings tonight were great, and though I realize they are still works in progress, I hope they can get them produced at some point.  My scene partner was in one of them, "Ecstasy" by Ruth-Ellen Perlman, and directed by Andrew McGinn.  The casting was spot-on, especially Susan Corzatte as Callie/Didey (mother-in-law), she has wonderful comedic timing, and Scott Ward Abernethy who has an intense, and unsettling, stage presence that really works in everything I've seen him in, as Dion, the former tennis pro.  But they were all good.

There was an art walk/block party on the street going on as well.  I went early to read plays (Chekhov, Pinter, Williams-they are due soon...I really like Chekhov, did I mention that before?  I get lost in it), but ended up hanging out on the street and watching a band for 45 minutes instead. (Benjamin Verdoes, and also his band Mt. St. Helens Vietnam Band.  I'd always meant to check them out, so that was fortuitous.  Liked it.)

Came home and had a message regarding a ride to Canada tomorrow, at 6 am, but I can't call him now, as it's too late.  Maybe I'll try calling at 6 am.  I don't think he knows that I've moved, so I don't want him to go knock on the door of my old house.  I sent him an email, but again, it's late.  No one got back to me until tonight...I've been checking.  Crossed wires, once again.

Sleep.

The moon is rising, but I wonder if it will be dark enough here to see the northern lights?

No comments:

Post a Comment