Friday, September 5, 2014

Last day of vacation

Start and restart.  I have a handful of drafts, things I started to write and then decided not to publish.  Things to add to later, or not.

Went for a long walk in the morning.  Intention was to later both go garden, and empty boxes.  All week.  Haven't done either.  Listening to the radio and making soup.  Enjoying the intention of nothingness.  Been thinking about seeing a show almost every night this week, but decided against structuring my time.  Enough of that coming up, and the vacation was because I was feeling such a pull (almost being repelled) away from that.  I do need to get to the garden though: a rose bush needs to be pruned back from the path, among other things. (And I could use more vegetables, going through a lot.)  It's funny how when you limit your options your cravings adjust to fill the void.  I'm eating a lot of almond butter (eating it with quinoa, bananas, and almond milk for breakfast), something I almost never eat.  My mom gave me a jar at Christmas, and I just opened it.  (It's still good.)

I don't miss the coffee so much this week, I've been drinking Mate, but not everyday, nor the sugar anymore.  I do miss being able to go out to eat, I really enjoy that.  Options are limited.  Next week will be tougher, as I'll be back at work, and I can't just cook something when I get hungry.  But I feel pretty good, starting to balance out my energy better.  As for everything else, I'm not gonna worry about any of it today.  Things will happen as they happen.  Keep making connections and putting out feelers.  But not this week.  Things are about to get crazy again.

Summer's over.
Looking up at trees, Sept 5/L Herlevi 2014

Season's over, Sept 5/L Herlevi 2014
Later.  I was wondering what had become of the end of a tromboncino squash plant I have growing, it seemed to have disappeared into the verge.  When I walked over to the compost and looked back, I noticed it had reemerged and is now climbing up my neighbor's fence.  Will have to look into that.  Redirect its growth.  The vine is over 15 feet.  Has produced just one squash, (which someone suggested I use as a neck rest on an airplane-I ate it instead) but impressive nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment