Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Time off

Got tired in the middle of eating breakfast yesterday and had to take a nap...not sure what's up with that.  Someone later commented that I'm probably not getting enough calories.  Later, worked at Bumbershoot for most of the day.  Ended up going to both the Jacco Gardener and Foster the People shows after.  Realized that I'd only actually heard one song by Foster the People ("Pumped up Kicks".)  Seemed like a good show, the crowd loved it, but I couldn't see the stage most of the time (and my back was hurting...age) so it was more like standing in the middle of a dance party for me.  I finally followed some people out of the crowd (I somehow had ended smack in the middle) and from the edge, the view was actually better, and you could move.  Not my thing, but they are good at what they do, it made people happy, and you can dance to it. (I didn't leave.)

Also saw a couple songs of Kore Ionz (Hawaiin reggae) and La Luz (dreamy surf-rock, all women).  Enjoyed both.  My favorite thing of the day was the Fussy Cloud Puppet Slam, which was packed (three rows of people sitting on the floor, in front of the seats), really well received, and ridiculously charming.  I love that there is an adult audience for puppetry.  The next one is in January.

I've been trying to do too many things because I feel stagnant (stuck?) after so much forward movement and to suddenly have everything stop.  Slight panic.  But maybe it's okay to "do nothing" right now.  I don't know.  I have a fear of sliding backward when every one around me is progressing.  So, I've been flaky about following through with ideas, even though they are things I want to do...just feel like I added pressure where I needed to let it go some.  I overwhelmed myself.  Anyway, I guess I'll focus on my health and emptying boxes this week.  (I took it off: it's a good time to be away from work-slow- and I needed some unstructured time.  Had started to feel a lot of rebellion building up.  I probably need more than a week.  It's been three years since I've taken time off where I didn't have to be doing something else: school, show, tour, moving, etc...oh, I guess there was the camping trip in 2012, but that was only a couple of days.)

Errands, writing, and then back to finish tackling the bathroom...not in my plans, but it needs it. (The house smells bad, trying to figure out why.)

No comments:

Post a Comment