Thursday, October 16, 2014

Balmy

Some of the stiffness worked out in the doing.  Feel a certain anxiety building as the new exercises (there is another name that is alluding me) are introduced: Can my body actually do that?  What if I hurt myself?  How do I stay focused?  What if I'm a disappointment?  What if I'm wasting your time?  I'm out of my league.  But, I'm trying to accept it all, figure out how to make it all happen, trying to remember all the things: the position, the posture, the focus, the actual movement, the centering, the tension, the control, etc., involved in each one.  And then I go into my head and lose my center.  It'll come.  Just not today.  All the same, it is exhilarating to be learning new things. (So, therein lies my internal tension.)

Cleared up and got sunny and warm.  A nice day to be outside, but I will resist.  I will go home and memorize text, monologue (I need one for the audition class as well as the audition), and do character work.  And then make it to the choir rehearsal for the first time in weeks.

 Life is funny.  Full of random second chances.  Not gonna question that too much.  Just gonna laugh along with it in awe.

No comments:

Post a Comment