Thursday, October 9, 2014

Persistant

When it gets light enough to see, the world is a pink glow, the rising sun hidden, but casting it's warmth through the fog, nonetheless.  The fog is all-enveloping, making the world around me smaller, the people inside of it, somehow closer.  By the time I go to lunch the fog has rolled back to the waterways, leaving random, gauzy, clouds stretched lazily out across the expanse of sky, as if by an unconcerned hand.  Soon the foggy mornings will be replaced by rain.

Went to an art opening after work, fully planning on getting to choir after.  Somehow, while waiting to find out how much the art was, I got (easily) convinced into doing this mini-bus art tour.  The idea behind it being to take potential art collectors to the art, introduce them to the galleries (we went to Blindfold, Ghost Gallery, and Vermillion) and the artists, in hopes of turning them into collectors of local art, eventually.  Essentially, trying to overcome the barrier that keeps people from buying art, supporting local artists and galleries.  Was part of an interesting discussion on facebook about this earlier this fall.  It's good to see something proactive happening.  This was the first one.  I think it's called "Collector" or something like that.  (Had seen a cheeky post about it earlier in the day, surprised to find out it was actually true.)

Mentioned to someone that I was late for choir rehearsal.  Ended up telling him about the Finnish choir, he said he wanted to come hear us and gave me his card.  So, I missed rehearsal again.  Even chains you willingly put on yourself begin to chaffe sometimes.  I love singing in the choirs, I do, but having an awful time getting myself to rehearsals lately.  I think my life is overly scheduled again.  (Nobody's doing but my own, I know this.  I've got a lot of "have to's" and not enough free space for "wants".)  I need to not go anywhere beforehand, it's just too tight of a time frame.

My voice class got cancelled due to low enrollment.  Disappointed, need to find some other practice.  I'll get a refund.  Thinking about a couple of workshops, but now I'm interested in this art as well (I like supporting other artists.)  I really need to get my reclassification paperwork turned in...any raise would be helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment