Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Sitting in one place

Came up with a new clown walk, might try to incorporate it into the idea I had from last summer to see if I can go any further with it.  Only downside is now my hamstrings are sore as well as my quads, tried to stretch, too.  Could barely walk up the stairs.  The pliĆ©s tomorrow will be fun, none of it seems to make the walking or stomping any more difficult, so that's good.  Had fun with an improv, though I could have had a better exit, and overall, the energy tonight was off.  Not sure why.

We have a target date, theme, and possible long-term rehearsal space, so that's all good.  Date is February.  Maybe the pressure will fuel creativity.

Almost got hit by a cyclist on my way over, totally did not see her.  She yelled for me to watch where I'm going (fair enough), though I did look, and then I was watching the other lane of traffic for a break in it.  It was dark out.  I don't think she had a light, and she was riding her bike right along the edge of the curb, I wasn't even in the street yet, I was walking.  I was spacey, though.  Glad she had good breaks, we both would've been hurt otherwise. (She squealed to a stop inches from me, though I never actually saw her.)  I almost went home, but went to the clown gig in the end.  Got a ride home, people were driving kinda' crazy, maybe everyone is spacey and out of sorts.  I kinda' want to not move right now, stay in one place so I don't walk into anything else, or until I'm paying attention.

Finally wrote something for changing my job title, someone said they'd rewrite it for me.  I have no idea what to say, that's why it's taken me so long to write it.  I hope it goes through, my job has morphed since I started it.  It would be good for everything to match.  Now the main thing hanging over my head is getting ready for the audition.

No comments:

Post a Comment