Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Wednesday Evening

Just got home from the PAPT's (UW Graduate School for Drama) production of "Cold Empty Terrible."  A bit of experimental theatre created by the director, ensemble, designers over the course of the past half year.  The point of departure was Treplev's play at the beginning of Chekhov's "The Seagull."  (I did mention earlier that Chekhov is either being performed or influencing a lot of work around town right now.  This is another one.)  Very much an ensemble-based movement piece, the only real dialogue being Chekhov's words from that play.  They are quoted three times, I guess for Past, Present, and Future.  It was like a dream, or a nightmare, depending on how you looked at it:  Moody sound, lighting, stage design, lots of repeated actions.  Not ever very sure what was going on, or why, but I enjoyed watching it.  I liked the way they moved, saw a lot of things I've had some exposure/worked with, used.

I won the tickets at the Mad Art event last month.  Ended up going with the right companion, he found it interesting, said he liked it. (One of my former theatre classmates.)

Didn't not make call backs.  Didn't really expect to, it was a two-person show, and I don't have much experience, not that I couldn't have done it, but I don't know I'd go with me either, with the lack of experience.  (And it gives me the time to start working on this emotion thing; the audition reinforced for me that I need to start again on that.)  Kinda' excited that I can get some reading for pleasure done without feeling guilty about not doing character work.  I'll still do that, just won't be the only thing.  I really want to read a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment