Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas Eve

Spent most of today driving, have a couple more hours to do, but am giving my back a break, and hoping that the rainstorm I just drove the last 45 minutes through passes over before I go back.  Nothing worked out, and I was too late to make the service I was singing at...but, god, it was a beautiful day to drive up to my hometown.  The clouds broke and a raking golden light lit the flooded fields.  Saw eagles, hawks, herons, flocks of snow geese, and trumpeter swans near the road.  Driving through the forest near Deception Pass, the sun raked through the trees, wide rays anointing the highway.  (My brother's dog is still terrified of me.  I won him over last year, now I'll have to start again.  Should've brought him a present.)  Driving back to Seattle, as the dusk set in, fog began rising up from the fields, and then I took a back road to avoid mall traffic (got off of the freeway), and hit the rainstorm just as it got dark, and still there was traffic.  You can drive it in 90 minutes but it took an extra hour in both directions today.  (I couldn't really pull over, so I turned onto this side road, stopped in the middle and shot this through the window.)
Skagit Valley, close to sunset, December 24/L Herlevi 2014
Wishing all many blessings, forgiveness, grace, trust, courage, peace, and above all love.  Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment