Wednesday, December 17, 2014

No reason

Woke up late, after 7 am.  Didn't realize it had been raining, and wore the boots with the bad soles...too late to go back and change them by the time I got outside, tried to avoid standing water, but the duct tape had worn through, and my socks were soaked by the time I got to work.  Missed the first bus.  Second bus got stuck in traffic, was consequently a full half-hour late.  It wasn't just the wet feet, but I must have woken up in a bad mood.  No reason for it.  Yesterday went well.  And tried to take care of everything that was causing me stress today, to get rid of loose ends, but all to no avail, the mood lingered.  Telling myself to look at good things only makes me want to strangle myself, and so I'm glad no one else said that to me.  It doesn't help.  Sometimes you need to acknowledge the foul moods and let them be.  For the most part, I tend toward optimism.  Just not today.  (Really need to get the boots repaired, but I need to find something to wear in the meantime.)

Told my co-worker, you can't take them out on other people, but I was feeling generally pissy.  She drove me to Fred Meyer because we needed to buy a replacement microwave for the break room...the old one kept running even when the timer had rung and you had opened the door.  Couldn't find any online that had universally good reviews, most of them had comments such  as, "I will never buy X brand again."  So, we bought one that was on sale and will hope for the best (i.e., that it doesn't catch on fire, or stop working tomorrow, etc.)

Still have three major things I need to take care of, but will do them in the morning (organizing a moving job, and making some phone calls.)  Oh, and then the writing thing.  I'll probably get some old variety show episodes (Carol Burnett, or something) and see how they work the routines with more than two people on stage.

I stopped by a normally busy Thai restaurant on the way home, there was a seat, so I went in and ate.  I thought it might be slow with most of the students out of town, but there was a line waiting out in the rain by the time I got my food.  There is so much going on, and the space is so tiny, that it overwhelmed my bad mood, so I felt more normal by the time I walked out.  For good measure, I borrowed a bunch of comedies, felt the need to laugh still; and I know these ones make me laugh.  (Have watched How to Marry a Millionaire-Marilyn Monroe cracks me up in that, and The Full Monty, the whole of which makes me laugh/cry at the same time.)

Maybe it's planetary...don't know.  Fingers crossed that it doesn't linger into tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment