Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Putting it out there

Well.  It was good to get the idea on its feet and look at it in reality.  The two clowns that improv'd it with me were great and went places I hadn't imagined...so that was awesome.  There are different parts that need to be fleshed out and explored further, but um...I think it'll work, which is crazy.  Seems it will have text, and I need to decide if my clown speaks, and what that sounds like if I do.  Up to this point, it has been mute for the most part.  Also, I need a personality, and a gender, just because I wear a skirt doesn't mean I have to be female...and I've known that the clown has needed a solid personality for a while, it's just that I actually have to have one now.  Lately, I've been feeling like an old man, but that's probably not right.  Have a week-and-a-half to get direction on that.  The feedback was helpful.  The set up needs to be solid.

There were good ideas all around tonight, I think we will have enough material for the time.  It'll be fun.  I'm glad someone put their foot down and decided we should do this (the clown showcase.)

I was telling someone about the show earlier today, she said if we came up with a good piece she might hire us for an event.

Anyway, I've got to get back to the audition stuff.  I'd forgotten to choose my cold-reading side, and I need to read that through more, as well as work on the Shakespeare.

Only five more scheduled rehearsals until the show...even with an outline now, hardly seems like enough time.

No comments:

Post a Comment