Sunday, December 7, 2014

Little bit of free time now

Well, the final audition for the class was today.  I don't feel like I could nail an audition tomorrow, but I do know what I need to do.  Part of it is that on the first day, he said something about forgetting all of your acting choices and finding the driving action, which I tried to do.  I think though, that the point was that I needed to put the acting choices back in on top of the a driving action once I found it, and I didn't really do that.  So, noted.  Also, while I've increased the time I've spent working on monologues and cold readings, it's not nearly enough.  I need to spend more time, make stronger choices, get it memorized early, etc... all good to know.

I really need to find somewhere to study Shakespeare, it's offered here next quarter, but I want to work on solo performance stuff, mostly because it would help with the clown show, and I re-discovered the two-person performance idea I had earlier this fall, and the solo performance class would also be helpful with that (well, that one or play writing.)  Both of those are also being offered.  And right now, I need to look at the clown piece for next Saturday...luckily, no singing gigs this week, though I do have two rehearsals, and a couple of parties.  I'll just have to start getting up earlier, and dedicate some time to it.

Yesterday was suddenly overcome with a fair amount of despair and futility, but got dressed and went to my singing gig, way out in sticks: the moon was lovely, ride over was with people who are good conversationalists, ran into an unexpected friend, someone said I could have dinner even though I hadn't registered (I didn't register because I thought we were singing before dinner, and I wanted to leave after singing, to go work on audition stuff, but we ended up singing after dinner...the people who drove me over had offered to pay for me to stay, but I had earlier turned them down), my voice sounded better to me than usual, (though I don't think that's license to abuse it by belting in a key I shouldn't on a regular basis, still kinda hurts), someone offered to let me spend Christmas with them, and another friend drove me home, way out of her way, probably an extra hour of driving for her...the kindness directed at me (in a non-threatening way) restored me.  Humbles me.  It was what I needed in a way I could accept it, at the right time.  We are answered.  (None of them did it because I was sad, they didn't know.  They did it because it's who they are.)

No comments:

Post a Comment