Tuesday, December 30, 2014

More owls

My co-worker commented on the owl sweater (I'd changed for the T-Rex sweater, I call it that because the arms are a strange length, and makes me feel like I have T-Rex arms when I wear it; actually, otherwise, just a very warm, gray sweater) asked if I was wearing it because of the owl.  I guess she'd seen another one having a territorial battle with a Cooper's hawk, during her lunch break today.  I missed that one.  She said it was a Barred owl.  That would be the third species of owl we've encountered around work lately (we'd earlier both seen the Saw-whet owl.)  Pretty good bird viewing location.  Makes me second guess my id of the other one, but it definitely didn't sound like the Barred owl vocalizations.

Got half a page written.  Writing brought up goofy things we do.  Years ago, after I'd first moved back to Seattle, my date was walking me home from a party (because it was late) and I was dragging my feet, even though he was going to eventually see where I lived.  I'd actually met him at a party there months before, but don't think he remembered, and then met him again at work.  I don't know why I thought that mattered, but I did.  I don't think he remembered, but I was embarrassed about it for some reason.  Love and dating bring out all sorts of irrational tendencies.  I can definitely use more of that...those things make perfect sense to us in the moment, but seem odd from the outside.  I'll play with it and see if it goes anywhere.  I've narrowed it down to "miscommunication" or "mistaken identity," for some reason I'm drawing a blank, but I have it written down somewhere.  (Our themes are either love or superstition/luck, the show is on Friday the 13th.)

Tomorrow is the 31rst.  As lame as it might seem, my favorite thing to do on New Year's Eve is to clean, and get rid of stuff I no longer want or need so as to start the year off with a clean(er) slate.  That said, am going to at least one party, an early one, which is a book launch for someone I haven't seen in a long time. She doesn't live here anymore, and I'd like to see her.

I suppose my resolutions would be to notice how I'm blocking (and pushing back, especially opportunity, and emotionally) and to work out how to change that, and to figure out this allergy/immune system thing.  For the latter, I'm back on an elimination diet as of January 1.  Actually working with a doctor this time, so I'm hopeful that I can figure something out.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment