Monday, December 29, 2014

Back to regular time

As opposed to vacation, when I lose track of what day it is.  Was surprised at how crowded it was Downtown when I got off the bus.  I stepped out just on the edge of a break-dancing circle, where a little kid had just been encouraged to have a go at it, all the other guys cheering him on.  Chaos, in a good way.  Made it to the Suzuki drop-in tonight.  I was the only one beside the leader, who was a sub.  It was good.  I'd forgotten a lot of it, and she went over it with me, explaining it in a way that made sense more concretely than it had before.  Helpful.  (Plus, she mentioned that she'd practiced regularly for three years to learn it, and I've only had about nine hours of instruction; her saying that made me feel less inept.)  It's only one hour.  For the first half, my energy was all over the place (because I was trying to remember everything), and by the last bit, I was more focused and centered.  It's just so much to remember (focus, center, movement, stillness, balance, space, etc...) and I was scattered.  And even though it was only an hour, and there was a lot of explanation, my legs are still shaking.  Really need to figure out how to get this in more: it's good for me, it helps me to focus, both my mind and my eyes.  And it keeps me grounded, for that hour, rooted to the earth, instead of being somewhere off in the ether.

Still having trouble with the writing, I just don't have a clue how to write it and the fear of that is keeping me from getting anything done.  I told myself earlier today that I can just free-write for an hour (or maybe it should be shorter, but I can probably write for an hour) around the idea and see if anything comes out of it; removing the pressure of perfection that's always lurking about.  Guess I'll do that now.

We're having another cold spell.  It does make sense, being winter and all, but I somehow wasn't ready for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment