Thursday, December 4, 2014

Not reading anything

I'm doing a media fast for a while, not sure how long.  Might write...I don't know.  There's just so much negativity; it makes me feel toxic, like I get angry and stressed out and cornered which isn't conducive for me doing or adding anything useful or helpful or de-escalating into the world.  (And I don't want to spill that over onto the people around me.)  I'm not burying my head in the sand; I'm not staying home.  Gonna go out and listen and try to do something positive and look for ways where I can see the whole world isn't going to hell right now.  I've currently lost faith in humanity.  (Just so much bad news today, so much injustice, so much fear and digging into camps.)  Strings are being pulled somewhere to make us all enemies, someone gains from this, all of the rest of us lose: we lose the ability to be able to trust one another, to have civil discourse, to feel safe in the world, to work for a common good, to have empathy, to see our common humanity, to see good in one another, to have a future where there could be equality, to have a voice in any future (yeah, and some people lose their lives.)

The man sitting next to me on the bus asked how one even begins to address this place where we've arrived at...I don't know.  Protest works until people feel heard, but are those with the means to change anything listening?  (An election would have been a good time to replace them if they are not listening, but the majority didn't feel like it was important enough to vote.)  Some "good faith" effort needs to be offered, or the fear is just gonna keep ratcheting up on all sides until it's out of control.  Things are broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment