Saturday, December 20, 2014

Waiting for the store to open

It's early.  Listening to the rain pound on the roof, it's the only sound I can hear.  Went to a show last night, fell asleep again, during the last number.  Have no idea what was going on, some sorta' musical thing; had been generally enjoying it up to that point, too.  Maybe I was having a sugar crash; we had a party at work earlier in the day, and there'd been a lot of desserts.  Then I was tired walking to the bus, on the bus, and I'm still tired, though not enough to sleep anymore.  I need to get up and write, and I'm waiting for the grocery store to open (7 am.)  Have a lot to get done, took off an extra day after New Year's to try to get this thing written before we get a coaching session.  Will watch more comedy sketches and read more comedy writing before now and then.  Gonna try to get some sorta' outline down on paper today.

When I returned a play yesterday, I was wandering around the stacks looking for Tracy Letts' plays (he writes women characters in my age range) for monologues, and came across a Suzuki book.  When I checked it out, I found out there was a DVD included, which I'm hoping shows the exercises so I can practice them, and have them more solid for drop-in sessions.  That's due back next week.  I didn't think there was any such thing, so I'm excited that there is, and that it was available in the library.  (I love that library, access to it is my favorite job benefit.)

Twenty minutes.  I wonder if I have enough time to go to a museum today?  I want to go see the show at the Frye before it closes, it's open for two more weeks.  It was curated over social media, people voted for what they wanted to see in the show.  I'm curious about what's in it, but I had read that the top choices of the masses rose to a higher common denominator (which isn't always what we're led to expect will happen.)  That whole concept of crowd decisions is interesting to me.

So, much to get done before the holiday.

Waiting.

Rain still falling.  Sun not yet risen.

No comments:

Post a Comment