Friday, December 5, 2014

Friday

Sang at the Figgy Pudding event tonight (a fundraiser for The Pike Market Senior Center and Food Bank.)  Not sure how we sounded, we were a rag-tag choir, all of us responding to an email, using only song sheets, with no music scoring, and only having two rehearsals...but it went okay.  We also had a tuba player who had only recently moved to the US, and so didn't really know our Christmas music, but did a great job of accompanying us anyway.  The rain held off, it got warmer, and the protesters ended up rescheduling the protest to another day, though there might have been something after we left, there weren't any while we were singing.  We left right after we sang to get our stuff out of the office.

My voice is shot.  I am supposed to sing tomorrow night, but I'll have to see if I still can, if I rest it.  A few of the songs were in difficult keys.  I'm not sure how long we sang, but I felt pretty exhausted by the end, not really paying all that much attention to what I was singing, partially that was because it was a lot of singing, and partially it was because my throat really hurt by that point.  (The women near me were saying the same thing...we were trying to sing Jackson 5 versions of a couple of songs, but Micheal could really belt out at quite a high pitch, and even trying to lower the pitch, it was still hard to do.  Probably should have warmed up beforehand.)

I was gonna come home and watch a movie that's due back tomorrow, but went out for a drink with a few of the singers after instead.  Most of us had never met before, but the conversation was great, there wasn't even really small talk, we just dug into it. We hung out for a couple of hours. Unexpected and cool, even if I never see any of them again.  Interesting group of people.  (What we had in common was that we all use car sharing.

Other good things: there was an adorable bull-dog (French, I think), on the bus, and the clouds parted just enough to let me view the full moon right before I walked into the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment