Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Well, that was short-lived

Okay, so I wasn't able to stick to my media fast, I like reading.  (And I have 12 books out from the library, plus three movies...though none of those are "news" related.)

Take a deep breath.  An airing of secrets, a cleansing of corruptions.  I don't want to see retaliation, because that never ends, but there needs to be a reckoning.  People should have to face up to what they did.  There needs to be accountability, or every thing you say you believe in or stand for amounts to nothing.  And until there is accountability, there can be no trust, and we need trust for society to function.

And I can love people who don't think like me, we can disagree.  You can be fully yourself, and hopefully I will also have the courage to do that, by seeing your example of putting yourself out there. (And yet, we are more aligned than not.)  And that that's progress for me right now, there's been a lot of fear living in my head.  (It's just the that courage has been lacking in me, not always the case, it just got dangerous somehow.)  It's the need to always be infallible that keeps a wall up; we could both be right or both be wrong, but neither would tell the whole story of our humanness.  We are all more than one belief or another, or the sum of many.  Again, we need to find common ground, start again, re-create...it's all so volatile.  Where are the cooler heads that can be trusted?

No comments:

Post a Comment