Monday, April 18, 2016

Hot

They switched rooms and invited the actors tonight, afterall.  Five directors, six actors, and one auditor showed up.  I stayed for all of it (it's only two hours), sweltering as it was in the theatre.  Almost 90 degrees today.  (Now that I'm home, house is sweltering.  Sleep might be out of the question.)

I wanted to hear the critiques, and we were toward the end, but I stayed for the last two as well; I like seeing what works and what doesn't work, in terms of:  story, arc, acting, choices, relationships, camera angles and shot choices, etc.  I find it useful.  I also like being in the theatre, it's the one place where I'm completely focused, my mind doesn't wander, I'm totally present.

Feeling a bit scratchy, not a good week to get sick, both because of the stomach thing, and because it's supposed to be hot again tomorrow.  My housemate had a fever over the weekend, probably a flu or something.  Maybe it's just the pollen I'm feeling.

We have an in-class rehearsal on Wednesday, think that'll be with some major rewrite.  I came up with a new backstory, the other one won't work with the rewrite.  I hope we get a chance to run it a couple times before filming again, to see what the flow is, and to connect to each other, because one of our critiques was that we weren't.

No comments:

Post a Comment