Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Stuff

My back has been miraculously better since the weekend I worked on the Burien film.  Had been hurting off and on since before Christmas.  I found my wallet.  And I re-signed my lease, because while it's more than I want to pay, the location is still good, and when I looked again on Craig's list, rents were unconscionably high, we're talking $700-$800 for a room in a shared house.  Our kitchen is literally falling apart, and I share a bathroom with six people, though thankfully, we don't have ants, roaches, or rats (had really bad ant problems in two previous houses.  Seemed impossible to get under control.)  But the rent is $675, and that seems high, wages are not keeping up with cost of living.  Been hearing people across a wide spectrum of age and incomes talking about leaving.  I'm not sure where to go, my life is here.  Just about everyone I care about is here.

Made it through my second doctor appointment I was nervous about.  Took a month to schedule the dang thing (mammogram) because I was having pain (for the past year) and so I needed a referral and was having difficulty with my doctor's office in getting one, but after all that hassle, it just ended up being a regular one, although, it did hurt like hell this time.  And to the technician's "Hold your breath," I wanted to reply, "Lady, you think I've been breathing?!"  No, I have not.  But refrained, she might've kept the pressure on longer.  TMI?  Every woman over 40 has to go through this.  (It was normal.)  Perhaps the lingering pain is actually my rib cartilage.  Perhaps I should stop carrying a so much stuff around every day.

Having my hair short makes me feel liberated somehow.  Think I'll keep it this way for the foreseeable future.

Here are some tree shadows, for more randomness.

Shadow Puppets, March 31/L Herlevi 2016

Shadow Puppets, March 31/L Herlevi 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment