Sunday, April 3, 2016

One more done

The rain has returned, making a popping sound as it lands outside my window, I suppose I should close it.  It had barely started to spit down when I left the studio space, and I ran for the first bus, and missed it.  The second bus came a few minutes later, and by that point it had started to pour.  Closer to home, just beginning to hit the hot pavement, that smell a college friend called "ozone," and his favorite.  I think that every time I smell it.

We shot our one-minute, generative scene tonight.  Ended up in a studio as location was an issue due to the use of weapons.  The original actor a part was written for never did turn up again, though someone said he posted something on facebook, so, hopefully he's still alive.  Anyway, another actor stepped in, so the idea changed, as he wasn't the one it had been written for.  (I think the concept for the project was that the directors were assigned actors and had to write a scene with those particular actors in mind...not sure how I got a "disturbed" individual written for me...oh, well.)  We did get it cut close to a minute, so a lot of the dialogue was dropped.  It all worked out in the end.

The original actor is good, but man, if you get hired, you gotta show up (or call, or something.)  Two directors wanted to cast him in final projects but he wasn't there for the readings, and I'm not sure I'd take the risk.  There are 23 other actors in the program, the majority of whom want to work, and are showing up.  I believe in second chances, but if you've got a deadline, you gotta work with people who show up.

Anyway, we'll see these on Wednesday and then the next two months are for work on the final projects.  And tomorrow is my first "free" Monday evening in ages (relatively speaking, I have a meeting at 5:30, but I'll get home before 11 pm.)

No comments:

Post a Comment