Saturday, April 23, 2016

Saturday

My motivation level has been to go take pictures of birds, and finally make nettle pesto; not bad, but the garlic I used was super strong!  I like it better than basil pesto, and it stays brighter green.  (It was nettles (blanched, of course), kale, garlic, pistachios, parmasean, lemon juice, olive oil, and salt.  And since we don't have a food processer, used a hand blender, turned out better than when I tried to use a regular blender.)  Lot of baby birds.  Still the same group of baby geese (six) I've been seeing around for the past couple of weeks, finally beginning to flap their nascent wings, last week they sorta' hung there uselessly.  Ducklings have a frantic, busy-ness about them, goslings just seem meandering and cheerful.  (I mean, just look at that face!)

Baby Geese, April 23/L Herlevi 2016

The carp were thrashing about all over the lake yesterday, mostly keeping the ducks out of the water.  Less so today, and the ducks still leaving the water, the geese remaining, but acting annoyed.  Soon the carp will disappear, going to lurk at the bottom of the lake again, until next spring.

Didn't go to work yesterday, had felt pretty bad until I fell asleep around 1 am, headache and my heart pounding, though by 6 am, felt more normal.  I missed the phone call from the doctor's office, so didn't get around to asking about that, assume it was one of the IV drugs, possibly combined with the coffee.

Gonna go conduct interviews for the project we've been talking about forever, finally starting it today.  Yay!

(And after watching these awful casting listings, really grateful for the script I'm working on in class: a female lead, non-specific type or age, that is neither (primarily existing to be) a love interest nor trying to be a love interest.  Thank you! - I don't mind a strong love interest, but the "must be sexy, 20 years younger than the male lead, and not speak" thing is uh, yeah.  Probably not why we study acting.)

No comments:

Post a Comment